Re: CG manual, pushing to staging

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: CG manual, pushing to staging
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 19:05:34 +0200

Il giorno sab 18 lug 2015 alle 18:33, Benkő Pál <address@hidden> ha scritto:
3. I don't like much the `git merge` approach suggested for those who work with local branches, as the git log is a bit messed up (a merge commit is added, often faraway from the commit containing the real changes). I'd
 rather suggest using format-patch and git am even in this case.

I prefer working with local branches, using rebase instead of merge like

$ git checkout my_branch_name
$ git fetch
$ git rebase origin/staging
[fix conflicts, run all checks, repeat from fetch, etc.]
$ git push origin HEAD:staging

That's probably how I would like to work (so I don't need the patch file).
`git fetch` fetches implicitly from a particular branch?

What's the purpose of HEAD:staging?