Re: Add sans-serif and monospace fonts (issue 224800043 by address@hidde

From: c_sorensen
Subject: Re: Add sans-serif and monospace fonts (issue 224800043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 22:18:11 +0000

On 2015/03/31 15:57:54, dak wrote:
Shouldn't we rather be selecting the Courier and Helvetica fonts
(standard
PostScript) and rely on GhostScript and/or font installation to cater
for the
font substitution to Nimbus when required?

That's not a rhetorical question: I don't know the answer myself.

IIUC, the problem that we had was that the font installations for some
systems did not include ligatures, so we proposed to make a selection,
rather than allowing the system default to apply.

https://codereview.appspot.com/224800043/