Re: Ghostscript 9.15

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: Ghostscript 9.15
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 09:59:51 +0600

Am 2015-03-24 um 20:35 schrieb Masamichi HOSODA <address@hidden>:

> I've succeed to upgrade GUB's pango to 1.28.3.
> https://github.com/trueroad/gub/tree/pango-1.28
>
> Then, I've checked some environments.
> The results are following:
>
>  linux-64 binary on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit:
>    ligatured pdf is generated.
>
>  linux-x86 binary on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit:
>    ligatured pdf is generated.
>
>  linux-x86 binary on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 32 bit (minimal install):
>    Serif font (CenturySchL-Roma) is ligatured.
>    Sans-serif font (TakaoPGothic) is non-ligatured.
>
>    I think that the reason is that
>    the system doesn't have ligature possible sans-serif fonts.
>    In other environment, selected sans-serif font is DejaVuSans.

So that’s probably a matter of the font, not of its style - not every font
defines ligatures, and the name „TakaoPGothic“ tells me its main focus would be
Japanese (is this true?), so the designers probably didn’t put so much work in
features of Latin script.

Would you care to try a different font?

>  mingw (Windows) on Windows 8.1 64 bit:
>    ligatured pdf is generated.
>
> Note that I haven't build all platform's lilypond installer, yet.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm