Re: Add means to display objects accessible from a grob (issue 217260043

From: david . nalesnik
Subject: Re: Add means to display objects accessible from a grob (issue 217260043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 01:13:20 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/217260043/diff/1/scm/output-lib.scm
File scm/output-lib.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/217260043/diff/1/scm/output-lib.scm#newcode165
scm/output-lib.scm:165: (use-modules (ice-9 pretty-print))
On 2015/03/25 00:15:45, david.nalesnik wrote:
On 2015/03/24 21:58:28, thomasmorley651 wrote:
> I always regretted that (ice-9 pretty-print) is not included per
default.
> Is there any reason not to do so?

It isn't loaded in scm/lily.scm where a number of basic modules are
loaded.
However, it is loaded in one of the first files in the load path:
scm/lily-library.scm.  This file is loaded even before this file, so I
wonder if
I should consider my inclusion redundant.  In fact, (ice-9
pretty-print) is
included elsewhere, for example in scm/music-functions.scm--and it
appears that
there are redundant inclusions of other modules elsewhere.  I
wonder--is this
bad form?  Will it increase memory consumption?

Yet, why does the module need to be added in a ly file for
pretty-print to be
defined?

Well, it's not much code of course.  Would it even be reloaded?  Anyway,
I wonder if "redundant" use-modules invocations should be removed, or at
least reduced to comments.

https://codereview.appspot.com/217260043/