Re: Building identifiers algorithmically

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Building identifiers algorithmically
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 23:44:51 +0100

Hi Trevor,

hey, that's what I just learned :-)

What you need is (ly:parser-lookup parser 'SopranoMusic) inside a music function.
Then create the 'SopranoMusic symbol from two strings and you're good to go.

\version "2.19.18"

SopranoMusic = {
  c' d'
}

getMusic =
#(define-music-function (parser location label1 label2)
   (string? string?)
   (ly:parser-lookup parser
     (string->symbol
      (string-append label1 label2))))