Re: Google Summer of Code 2015

From: Georgy Frolov
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code 2015
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 08:40:42 +0300

Hello,

I too would like to do a lilypond-related GSoC project. I'm doing the
final year of my MSc degree in mathematical physics, sing in a choir
and occasionally use lilypond to typeset some choral scores; not yet
familiar with its internals though.

I've been working much with numerical codes in C++ and python,
including much interpolation, optimization and tweaking heuristic
models, so the tie/slur appearance project seems a great fit for me.
It's also something where I  want improvement as a user of lilypond.

Could you comment why it may not be suited for GSoC?

Gosha