Re: Lilypond build: version

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Lilypond build: version
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 12:40:43 +0100

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

Try finding a way to throttle the upload rate at about 90% of your
upload capacity (some environment variables for the upload program
perhaps?  Or some parameters one can set in the VM or VM kernel?).
"Internet access" is almost exclusively download capacity, so the main
reason the "internet access for the house" is at a crawl is that the
upload-direction parts of the communication required for downloading
take too long to get through even though they take up very little
bandwidth.

If you manage to throttle the upload rate just a bit, the upload will
not take much longer while the "internet access for the house" will
become unstuck for typical use cases.