Re: LilyDev not accepting paste from host clipboard

From: James
Subject: Re: LilyDev not accepting paste from host clipboard
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 10:43:06 +0100

On 21/09/14 10:30, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Sun, 2014-09-21 at 09:14 +0100, James wrote:
>>> In light of the further steps it isn't useful to add that directory to
>>> the PATH (because the command will not work unless the it is the cwd).
>>> It is just the web page instructions that need updating to read
>>>
>>> cd $LILYPOND_GIT && lily-git.tcl
>>>
>>> rather than

>>> as at present.
>>> right - the iso seems to be working just fine - with guest extensions
>>> working out of the box (and that cyrillic thing too).
>>> BTW my first make failed in the docs - is that expected?
>>> Richard
>>>

>> Just to check you did a 'make' before you 'make doc' didn't you?
>
> I haven't tried make doc
> I just did make
> I nearly emailed about it at the time and then I realized that I had
> already made the first (small) mod to the code, adding
>      (chordCompact ,boolean? "Draw chord symbols in a compact fashion?")
> into define-context-properties.scm
> and so (as this includes a bit of documentation) I realized that I had
> blundered by not doing the make at the outset, before starting to modify
> code, so as to be sure that things were good to start with.
> I described the problem as being to do with building docs just because
> of the error message, but I can't reconstruct this (by doing make on the
> master branch) because lilypond.org is down, so I can't get back to the
> web page which details the autogen and configure steps needed ... Hence
> my diffidence about mentioning this in the first place.
>
> Once the dust has settled I'll come back to it.
>
> Richard
>

>> It will fail then otherwise.
>>
>> James

from $LILYPOND_GIT

using an 'out of tree build'

mkdir build
./autogen.sh --noconfigure
cd build
../configure --disable-optimising
make
make doc

The --disable-optimising gives a more robust set of test when using 'make'.

creating a build dir inside $LILYPOND_GIT has the advantage of just
being able to nuke it if you get into problems.

Hope this helps

James