Re: Limit looping in Grob::common_refpoint (issue 4079) (issue 134600043

From: dak
Subject: Re: Limit looping in Grob::common_refpoint (issue 4079) (issue 134600043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 12:46:14 +0000

Frankly, I think it makes no sense to create some "abstraction" in the
flower pseudolibrary that has only the stuff filled in that will only
work at the single place this is used (like providing only prefix
operators, a coding style that is used basically nowhere else, only
increment/decrement, no initialization except by default with zero and
so forth and so on).

When the code is not useful anywhere else anyway and limited to using
constant limits, you might as well write
assert(balance < 1024);
and inverse and thus also get more useful error location and magnitude
info from the error message.

Yes, I know, we compile by default with -DNDEBUG but that does not
really make sense anyway.  Would be another good reason to fix
<URL:https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2787>.

https://codereview.appspot.com/134600043/