Re: indclude notnames bn, etc., in English (issue 133840043 by address@h

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: indclude notnames bn, etc., in English (issue 133840043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 17:25:09 -0400

On Aug 26, 2014, at 07:13 , address@hidden wrote:

> LGTM, assuming users of English note entry are in favour.

Since you asked, I think having multiple names for the same pitch creates its
own problems.  I have no difficulty using the current names.  If people want a
variant, how about keeping \language “english” what it is and calling this
variant something else?  That will both prevent people from confusingly mixing
the two variants in the same input file and also help explain the situation to
a unfamiliar person reading a snippet written with the new note names.
—
Dan