Re: bounty for fixing issue 4044 (\addlyrics with custom contexts)

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: bounty for fixing issue 4044 (\addlyrics with custom contexts)
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 14:15:49 +0100

Hi Janek,

On 1 August 2014 13:32, Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm putting a modest bounty on
> https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=4044 - this
> problem is a nuisance for my work on predefined instruments, so i'd
> like to see it disappear.

I remember looking at this a while ago.  If I recall correctly it's too
early for context information to be available to the syntax constructor -
if you look in ly-syntax-constructors.scm there's a helper function which
is supposed to find the first existing voice context so the constructor for
\addlyrics doesn't have to create one from scratch.  There's a comment
there noting it doesn't work (it says `rarely works' but I'm pretty sure it
never does).

Cheers,
Neil