Re: git-cl: Problems with Rietveld authentication

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: git-cl: Problems with Rietveld authentication
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 10:01:32 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Heikki Tauriainen" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:15 AM
Subject: git-cl: Problems with Rietveld authentication

I'm trying to submit a small patch for review by using the git-cl
scripts, trying to follow the instructions in the Contributor's guide.

However, running "git cl upload origin/master" just keeps failing for me
at the authentication phase with codereview.appspot.com – the script
only repeats "Invalid username or password" despite the fact that I am
able to log in to Rietveld (or to my Google account) via the web
interface using the exact same credentials.

Has anyone had this kind of problem before?  Is there something I could
do to try and debug it, or work around it?

There was an earlier report where a contributor was using 2 factor authentication for their Google account. Are you using simple username/password?

--
Phil Holmes