Re: Simplify the NullVoice context (issue 117050043 by address@hidden)

From: janek . lilypond
Subject: Re: Simplify the NullVoice context (issue 117050043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 11:25:41 +0000

Hi Keith,

your changes look good overall, but i think that NullVoice could be
simplified even further - see below.

thanks for your work!

https://codereview.appspot.com/117050043/diff/40001/input/regression/lyric-combine-nullvoice.ly
File input/regression/lyric-combine-nullvoice.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/117050043/diff/40001/input/regression/lyric-combine-nullvoice.ly#newcode12
input/regression/lyric-combine-nullvoice.ly:12: \autoBeamOff c4 r16
b,16~ b,8 c8[ e8 g8 e8] | g4( f4) g2 }
It seems that the closing slur is one note too early.

https://codereview.appspot.com/117050043/diff/40001/input/regression/lyric-combine-nullvoice.ly#newcode14
input/regression/lyric-combine-nullvoice.ly:14: \new Lyrics \lyricsto
"nv" { free a -- lign -- ment }
Shouldn't there be a lyric extender at the end?

https://codereview.appspot.com/117050043/diff/40001/input/regression/lyric-combine-nullvoice.ly#newcode15
input/regression/lyric-combine-nullvoice.ly:15: >> }
This regtest is nice, but as far as i can see it doesn't check whether
issue 3825 has been fixed - i.e. the output looks the same before and
after the change in the code.  I think we should add the example from
issue 3825 verbatim (as another regtest), and have a regtest
corresponding to issue 3834.

https://codereview.appspot.com/117050043/diff/40001/ly/engraver-init.ly
File ly/engraver-init.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/117050043/diff/40001/ly/engraver-init.ly#newcode787
ly/engraver-init.ly:787: \override NoteHead.meta.interfaces = #(delete
'rhythmic-head-interface
What about making NullVoice \accepted not by \Staff, but by \Score (like
Devnull)?  From my test it seems that it would work and we wouldn't have
to care about Rhythmic_column_engraver.

https://codereview.appspot.com/117050043/diff/40001/ly/engraver-init.ly#newcode794
ly/engraver-init.ly:794: squashedPosition = 0
This should also become unneeded if we "move" NullVoice from Staff to
Score.

https://codereview.appspot.com/117050043/diff/40001/ly/engraver-init.ly#newcode798
ly/engraver-init.ly:798: \omit AccidentalSuggestion
I think these are unneeded anyway.

https://codereview.appspot.com/117050043/