Re: Set X-parent of TextScript to NoteColumn instead of PaperColumn (iss

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Set X-parent of TextScript to NoteColumn instead of PaperColumn (issue 106640043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 21:36:12 +0000

On 2014/07/26 06:49:41, janek wrote:

     Setting TextScript.cross-staff property to #f is required to
ensure
     that there are no collisions between TextScripts and cross-staff
notes:

     (see also beam-cross-staff-auto-knee.ly)

     As far as I can see, we don't want TextScript.cross-staff to be
true
     in any situation, because it would result in unwanted collisions.

The old setting for TextScript.cross-staff was put there to solve issue
1300.
Almost everything has changed since then in the code that spaces things
around
staves, but with TextScript.cross-staff = #f the text collides with the
accent
in that example.

The concept of a "cross-staff note" seems strange.  It appeared with the
change
for issue 2527 https://codereview.appspot.com/6827072#msg13

That patch made Scripts reference NoteColumns, rather than PaperColumns
for
their placement -- very similar to the change here -- but Scripts can be

cross-staff without hitting note-heads.   Can you reconcile this patch
and
https://codereview.appspot.com/6827072 ?

https://codereview.appspot.com/106640043/