thoughts on changing \magnifyMusic, please comment

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: thoughts on changing \magnifyMusic, please comment
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 13:31:46 -0700

I'm wondering whether I should do either of these:
1) rename \magnifyMusic to \magnifyVoice
2) change the \magnifyMusic interface to match \magnifyStaff

Regarding #2, currently \magnifyStaff can be used in a
Staff's \with block, but \magnifyMusic *can't* be used in a
Voice's \with block.  \magnifyStaff settings are reverted by
issuing `\magnifyStaff 1', and \magnifyMusic settings are
reverted when the music block argument is closed:

  \magnifyStaff:

    \new Staff \with {
      \magnifyStaff #2/3
    } {
      \new Voice {
        c4 c c c
        % we could do `\magnifyStaff 1' here if we wanted
        c4 c c c
      }
    }

    or...

    \new Staff {
      c4 c c c
      \magnifyStaff #2/3
      c4 c c c
      \magnifyStaff 1
      c4 c c c
    }

  \magnifyMusic:

    \new Voice {
      c4 c c c
      \magnifyMusic #2/3 { c4 c c c }
      c4 c c c
    }

So a user can name a Staff context "ossia", give it a
\magnifyStaff value, and pull out that named context as
needed without having to set \magnifyStaff again, and any
later decisions to change the magnification value would only
have to be done in one place.

I suppose it would be convenient if a user could do
something similar with \magnifyMusic, like name a Voice
context "small notes" and pull that out as needed.  But
before I start recoding the thing, I would like to know if
there's any good reason to retain the current \magnifyMusic
interface.

Thanks,
Mark