Re: Issue 4015: Add \magnifyStaff. (issue 117830043 by address@hidden)

From: markpolesky
Subject: Re: Issue 4015: Add \magnifyStaff. (issue 117830043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 19:34:20 +0000

On 2014/07/17 12:44:20, david.nalesnik wrote:

https://codereview.appspot.com/117830043/diff/60001/input/regression/magnifyStaff-bar-lines.ly#newcode30
input/regression/magnifyStaff-bar-lines.ly:30:
Are so many examples necessary?

No.  I've reduced from 5 examples to 3.

https://codereview.appspot.com/117830043/diff/60001/input/regression/magnifyStaff-dots-beamlets.ly#newcode1
input/regression/magnifyStaff-dots-beamlets.ly:1: \version "2.19.11"
This looks to do what it says (and is very appealing visually), but I
notice
that the note-spacing becomes more compressed as the magnification
increases.
Is this OK?

Not really.  I had disabled the automatic spacing for fear of Issue 3990
but it turns out that enabling it here is not as detrimental as it was
for \magnifyMusic, so I'll leave it enabled.

https://codereview.appspot.com/117830043/diff/60001/input/regression/magnifyStaff-space-alist.ly#newcode2
input/regression/magnifyStaff-space-alist.ly:2:
Looks fine.  I get a programming error: "No spacing entry from
KeyCancellation
to `custos'"  Not sure if this is something on my end.

That's a separate problem; I don't think it compromises this patch.
I'll look into it.

https://codereview.appspot.com/117830043/diff/60001/input/regression/magnifyStaff-space-alist.ly#newcode35
input/regression/magnifyStaff-space-alist.ly:35:
Impressive display, but should there be so many examples?

No.  I've reduced from 5 examples to 3.

While I have your attention, there was some discussion on the mailing
list about changing \magnifyMusic and \magnifyStaff to \resizeMusic and
\resizeStaff.  Any opinion?

Thanks for your comments,
Mark

https://codereview.appspot.com/117830043/