Re: \magnifyMusic stem-length enigma

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: \magnifyMusic stem-length enigma
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 02:44:40 -0700

David Kastrup wrote:
> I don't know how you are planning to do it.  It would be
> my guess that it is hard to do in a manner that will
> behave sensibly when you put that sort of construct into
> quoted music.  It is probably already hard to do when
> using \magnifyMusic in multiple parallel contexts since
> you need to store the information somewhere.
>
> Perhaps most feasible is to just use \applyContext for
> increasing fontSize by the given amount, and then use it
> again at the end for decreasing by the same amount.  If
> someone _sets_ fontSize in the middle then: tough.  But at
> least you do not need to store the old value anywhere
> then.

Ha, that's exactly what I did:
http://codereview.appspot.com/103890046/diff2/150001:210001/scm/music-functions.scm

I just have one question: How do I do the equivalent of
this...

  \revert Tie.details.stem-gap

...using ly:context-pushpop-property?  I can't get it to
revert *nested* grob-properties.  I get close, but then
something always ends up wrong.  I don't think it's strictly
needed in my case, but I'd like to know if there is a way.

- Mark