Re: Scores in iBooks

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: Scores in iBooks
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 08:33:25 -0400

On Apr 26, 2014, at 06:17 , Mike k <address@hidden> wrote:
> Would lily pond have the tools to repagenate the score as you zoomed in,
> but still retain some
> musical sense with respect to stave groups and bar lines etc.

Lilypond has configurable paper size and margins.  This was sufficient for me
to produce a short collection of hymns that is readable on a small e-book
reader without scaling.

Depending on the intended use, there are other ways of saving space for even
smaller screens.
* reduce the output to one staff with selected parts (put other parts in a
separate file or separate sections of the book)
* unfold all verses so that there is only one line of lyrics (assuming you will
never print the e-book version)

My little project was preempted before I tried those latter ideas, but I was
planning to include some hyperlinks to skip verses quickly.  I thought it would
be nice to have them in a column along one side of the display, but I’m not
sure how that might be accomplished.
—
Dan