Re: Serious feedback and improvement headroom

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Serious feedback and improvement headroom
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 11:55:21 -0700 (PDT)

Jan-Peter Voigt wrote
> I think Guile V2 is the most important issue regarding lilypond in general
> and especially with these thoughts. This would speed up the scheme-part of
> lilypond and ensure its inclusion in linux-distros.

+1

And I suppose that any potential future work on optimizing and speeding up
LilyPond compilation (which I think everyone agrees would be a good thing)
would make more sense after upgrading to Guile 2.0 (maybe even 2.2 ?).

Does anyone know if we got any applicants for this summer of code project?
I remember seeing at least one inquiry about it.

Cheers,
-Paul