Guile 2.2 speed improvements

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Guile 2.2 speed improvements
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 19:53:50 -0700 (PDT)

By chance I came across the following blog post about Guile 2.2, apparently
it's due out later this year.

http://wingolog.org/archives/2013/11/26/a-register-vm-for-guile

Most of it is technical and above my head but the summary is that it should
be significantly faster:  "A simple count-up-to-a-billion test runs in 9
seconds on Guile 2.2, compared to 24 seconds in Guile 2.0."  I thought I'd
share it, in light of recent discussion about performance/speed.

Looks like good things ahead.

-Paul

P.S. Here are two additional blog posts with more about Guile 2.2
http://wingolog.org/archives/2014/01/12/a-continuation-passing-style-intermediate-language-for-guile
http://wingolog.org/archives/2014/01/19/elf-in-guile