Re: Tuplet brackets should reliably not follow kneed beams. (issue 84730

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Tuplet brackets should reliably not follow kneed beams. (issue 84730043)
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 07:49:47 -0500

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 2:32 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

When using the following test code with the latest patch (I think), it
would appear that TupletBracket directions are ignored with invisible
brackets.  Is this intentional?

Yes, this was intentional.  If the number is to be put next to the beam, the side of the beam it should be on is generally fixed by good practice.  (I took the rules from Gould.)

You can get the number position to be derived from the bracket (and to flip around with changing bracket direction) with the line
 \override TupletNumber.knee-to-beam = ##f

--David