Re: 3.0?

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: 3.0?
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 20:50:12 -0800 (PST)

Carl Sorensen-3 wrote
> I can't speak for Carl P's work.  For me, effective LP input files require
> structure (variables, contexts) that MusicXML knows nothing of. And it's
> generally easier to create them than to fix them on import.

I see what you mean.  Unfortunately it makes it harder to use other tools
that are optimized for composing with LilyPond...  Seems like capturing just
the musical content from a MusicXML file and then pasting it into a LP
template or file that has the LP structure should be easier than re-typing
it.  But I defer to those with more experience in this area, as I've only
done musicXML import a few times.

David Kastrup wrote
>>> One very nice integrated experience is offered by preview-latex
>>> <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/preview-latex>.
> <snip>
> I wish we'd have something like that for the LilyPond manuals.

This does look good.  It would be really nice to have something like this
for the manuals.

Urs Liska wrote
> https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/issues/345

I'm not sure about this.  Seems like you could get basically the same
workflow by using a second file as a sketchpad without having to introduce a
new UI component.  See my comment at the link above for more of my thoughts
on this.

-Paul