Re: [translations] Re: 2.18 release plans (again).

From: James
Subject: Re: [translations] Re: 2.18 release plans (again).
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 14:14:37 +0000

On 29/10/13 09:19, Julien Rioux wrote:
On 29/10/2013 4:43 AM, David Kastrup wrote:
Julien Rioux <address@hidden> writes:

On 27/10/2013 2:09 PM, Janek Warchoł wrote:
That's good, but the most irritating thing about this patch is not
that i have to solve merge conflicts.  I'm mainly irritated because a
piece of solid code (maybe it's not as solid as i think, but to know
that i need _reviews_) is laying dormant for *half a year*, which
prohibits me from working on some other stuff.  I would really like to
get some of my GSoC work finished and merged into master, and this
patch is a first step for that.

I'm curious, why is this issue set to Patch-waiting?

I had to go answer my own question: The patch contains code changes without the necessary doc changes, so it is not suitable for Patch-review state, but Janek would appreciate reviewer comments so that the code can reach a final form before doing the doc changes.

I think generally
people hardly ever have enough time to look at Patch-countdown issues,
so a Patch-waiting issue would definitely not get much attention.

Well, that's what Janek complained about.  It's more or less a
consequence of our grading system: "Patch-review" means "slated to move
to countdown" and "Patch-Countdown" means "slated to move to
Patch-push".

Patch-waiting seems like the correct qualifier. How about advertising those Patch-waiting issues as part of the Countdown email that is sent regularly? We currently have 7 of those, and could probably pretty quickly identify which one are truly waiting and which one are now abandoned.

Well if you want me to include patch-waiting then I can do that in the countdowns, it's just another filter and list of tracker items.

However if you want then to 'move on' from whatever patch-waiting jumps to next then I just need to know what the 'rules' are so to speak and what I move it to.

It's not that big a deal for me.

James