Re: improving our workflow with better tools - let's test things.

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: improving our workflow with better tools - let's test things.
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 07:58:12 +0200 (CEST)

>> What me drives crazy is the structure of the main git repository.
>> If you follow github style, the graph gets littered with zillions
>> of `merge request' commits, one per pull request, which makes it
>> quite hard to follow the development IMHO.
>
> It's true it can get annoying if you have lots of one-commit
> contributions.

I don't see a major simplification for the maintainer.  The most
important action IMHO for contributing a patch is to rebase, ensuring
that the patch compiles with master.  As far as I can see, github's
ticketing system doesn't allow to simply update the patch; instead,
you have to open a new ticket.  Lilypond's two-level approach with
separating issues from actual patches gives more consistency here.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    Werner