NEW: LilyPond meeting in Waltrop, Germany, 2013-09-20 to 2013-09-24

From: David Kastrup
Subject: NEW: LilyPond meeting in Waltrop, Germany, 2013-09-20 to 2013-09-24
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 17:39:35 +0200

The LilyPond meeting scheduled for last week has been postponed since
after a few last-minute cancellations we just were too few to make any
sense, apart from a three-person meeting not involving large drives.
Very interesting, by the way.

So we now have rescheduled the meeting to the second half of September
(20th to 24th) and will hopefully attract a larger audience.  The
weather is not likely to be as favorable as on the first attempt, but
then the scenic outsides tend to receive rather few visits on such
occasions.

The advantage, of course, is that we'll be closer to 2.18.  A number of
people have already announced that the date would be manageable for
them, so chances are quite well that we'll get something done.

Possible topics for discussion, also for coding/testing sessions:

Guilev2
Markup redesign
Code quality
Backend APIs
Page breaker
MusicXML discussions
related: building projects on top of LilyPond,
         getting music publishers into LilyPond

Reports about the last meeting can be found at
<URL:http://news.lilynet.net/?The-LilyPond-Report-28>.  Information
about travel and place (please don't get confused by last year's dates!)
is still at <URL:http://news.lilynet.net/?LilyPond-meeting-in-Waltrop>,
in a nutshell: Im Knäppen 63 in 45731 Waltrop, next useful bus station
"Waltrop Elmenhorst", next useful subway "Brambauer Verkehrshof", next
large train station "Dortmund Hbf", next large airport Düsseldorf (there
is some Ryanair airport called "Düsseldorf Weeze" which is actually
quite far from Düsseldorf).

The date this time around will be September 2013, Friday 20th to Tuesday
24th, with the possibility to arrive Thursday 19th late in the day for
people who'd otherwise miss stuff early Friday.

Camping is definitely possible if you bring your tent/camper, and would
decrease the density of sleepers in the house.  We managed to find
places for almost everybody last year, but several will likely have to
revert to sleeping bags (if available).  The big festivities/fairs will
be over, so even if you prefer external accommodation, that should not
be much of a problem.

As mentioned above, most travellers will aim for Dortmund (through bus
or train) though some international travellers will likely have
Düsseldorf as their first destination in Germany.

Hope to hear from you soon this time.

All the best!