Re: Adds dimension stencil command to correct with-dimension (issue 1295

From: dak
Subject: Re: Adds dimension stencil command to correct with-dimension (issue 12957047)
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 10:38:35 +0000

On 2013/08/24 10:31:38, dak wrote:
On 2013/08/24 10:05:17, mike7 wrote:

> The stencil command takes the skyline of stencil X and uses it as a
replacement
> for skyline Y. We could use replacement-skyline-stencil as the
command.

I'd just use skyline-stencil here.  If specified, it is the stencil
used for
skylines.

At any rate: isn't this interface at the same time unnecessarily general
and restricted?  It will only ever do for replacing all four skylines at
once or none at all.  An override of four dimensions which can be +inf.0
or -inf.0 or #f (namely, just use the original skyline for this
dimension) for different effects seems to fit the known use cases
better.

So what are the problems you are trying to solve here?

https://codereview.appspot.com/12957047/