Tie Crusade - what to do now

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Tie Crusade - what to do now
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 15:00:57 +0200

Hi folks,

it's time to start collaborating on LilyPond ties with a bigger group
of people (you don't have to be a programmer to help!)  :-)

The most important thing at the moment is to have many people - both
programmers and non-programmers - study the details of the problem and
proposed solution (which probably needs expanding).  We need to have
several people (>5, i think) who will be able to discuss issues,
answer questions that arise (and hopefully also review patches).

The current state of the specification can be accessed here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vsq32b11migflt3/1MnG4ooznZ/specification.txt
I expect that some parts of it may be unclear - that's why i ask you
to read through and ask questions every time you find something you
don't understand (seriously), so that the specification will
eventually become easy to understand.
I suggest that the questions should be posted in separate thread(s) on -devel.

There are two more things to do at the moment:

For the non-programmers, it would be good to go through lilypond's
issue tracker, find all examples of tie problems and add them to our
collection.

For the programmers, i'd like to ask you to look at the branch
dev/tie-crusade/comments
and read the comments we've added to the code together with Franek.
Maybe you will be able to answer some of the questions there?

All Tie-Crusade materials can be accessed here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vsq32b11migflt3/oFHMEiCQx2
(read-only - i will grant full access to the Dropbox folder for people
that want to join)

cheers,
Janek

PS Who has a copy of Elaine Gould's "Behind Bars"?