Re: Windows tutorial

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: Windows tutorial
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 10:06:47 -0600

On 13-08-11 05:52 AM, Phil Holmes wrote:
There have been occasional comments on -user to the effect that the current windows tutorial does not describe what actually occurs with the Windows install. I've downloaded the latest LilyPond version and redrafted the tutorial based on what now we see. I've also updated all the images.

Don't think it's worth making this into a patch at this point, since checking it would require the ability to make doc. I've put it on a web page:

http://www.philholmes.net/lilypond/windtut/

Comments?

--
Phil Holmes

Is it the non-optimised builds which fail? For a data point, I renamed my ~/lilypond-git then used lily-git.tcl to recreate it, after which I went through the rest of the build as normal. All I saw were the usual warnings about typing and some circular references, but both the binary build and make doc completed normally, producing a binary which reports as version 2.17.24 and corresponding documentation.

FWIW:

uname -a Linux Sherlock 3.5.0-37-lowlatency #38-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Wed Jul 17 10:28:33 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Let me know if I can help diagnose or test, but I seem to be able to make doc without problems.

Cheers,
Colin

--
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both
hands.