Re: wrt 'Make doc crashing on my PC'

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: wrt 'Make doc crashing on my PC'
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 11:57:22 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Petr Gajdos" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2013 11:07 AM

that reason at least on my machine. It seems to me therefore that 2.17.18
do not expose the issue but 2.17.19 does.

That stacks up well with my earlier investigations. Git besect identified 35d5f2e2ff40e0bd35cf00f22c2428eac354e566 as the first bad commit, and that commit occurred between 17.18 and 17.19. That's some scheme, so I don't understand how it would make the system crash.

However, I can only get a crash when I run make doc, so wasn't 100% sure this was really the cause. Also, I believe I tried a revert of the commit, and it didn't fix it either. I guess it's possible it was a set of commits that cause the problem.

--
Phil Holmes