Re: PATCH: Issue 519: Warn about cross-platform font inconsistencies. (i

From: James
Subject: Re: PATCH: Issue 519: Warn about cross-platform font inconsistencies. (issue 10819043)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 12:16:49 +0100

Mark,

On 1 July 2013 08:59, <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2013/07/01 07:27:41, J_lowe wrote:
And this is why.

There has been no label change on this to know that it needs to be
tested
before it is then reviewed,

Fortunately you at least put the tracker number in the summary.

So I will go and change that for you so it gets tested.

Ah.  I thought I was missing something!  I just wasn't sure what.
So, on the Issue page, I need to...
1) post a link to the patch on Rietveld
2) change Status to "Started"
3) change Owner to me
4) add Label "Patch-new"

Anything else?  Do I Cc it -devel or something?  Or does the bug squad
get automatically notified every time an issue gets updated?  Also, is
this procedure in the CG somewhere?

I think I got it now, I tried this out here, should be good, let me
know:

Sorry to have made more work for you, I really just didn't know the
procedure.

Thanks.

https://codereview.appspot.com/10819043/

This manual process is ok. What I cannot seem to recall is how to get the automated scripts to use https://

so that's why i go back and change it to http://

the 'git-cl' scripts that we now provide (see http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/contributor-big-page.html#uploading-a-patch-for-review - the 'git-cl install' section below) will automate most of this process for you, so once you configure it you run the git-cl scripts, it updates the tracker, posts to reitveld and so sends the email when you run them.

However, as long as the google tracker label is 'patch-new' the test scripts it will find *any* patch-new and apply it to current master and run the various tests (make, make check - and I also run a full make doc as I have a server that can churn through that quite quickly). It isn't mandatory to change the owner or status, but it is good form for the developers. The email from Reitveld should also be sent as this will go to dev. if you do star a tracker issue (or create one) then you will also get the email from that, but of course the dev group won't. There is a new mail list (since you last contributed I think) that we have here:

Now of course anyone can run the 'patchy test' scripts if they so wish (David K does this when I am not around) but generally it is only he and I and Phil occasionally. Some patches need human interaction to check the reg test diffs and post them to the tracker if they are different or show regressions etc.

Otherwise, many devs do the manual method like you