Re: make error: please check usage.makeinfo.log for errors

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: make error: please check usage.makeinfo.log for errors
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 13:04:48 +0200

2013/5/28 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>

> As distributions move on to Texinfo 5, we are going to get a rather
> awkward transitioning problem.

I fear so.  On the other hand, the warning messages are reasonable (at
least most of the time :-), and fixing them should be straightforward.

A completely different issue is our hand-crafted
`lilypond-texi2html.init' file.  No idea whether this is compatible
with texinfo 5.

maybe ./configure should check the installed version of texinfo and print a warning if it's >4.13?
tonight I'll downgrade texinfo and try again

thanks
Federico