Re: Anybody with DDR2 SODIMM to spare?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Anybody with DDR2 SODIMM to spare?
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 09:04:39 +0200

Robert Schmaus <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi David,
>
> I'm not sure if you refer to 4 or 8 GB per slot or in total. But
> anyway, I've checked for RAM on amazon.de, and found offers 2 x 4 Gb
> or 2 x 8GB by a brand called Corsair.
> Those seem to be made for laptops. Perhaps you can check if those are
> good for you (or maybe someone has experience with those).
>
> So - unless someone has RAM to give away - I'm happy to order those for you.

Someone had RAM to give away (from a laptop with a broken screen), so I
am happy to say that I am all set for now.  It is 4GB (and my memory
controller claims to support 8GB), but that should really take me a long
way.  I also worked on the relevant memory-intensive scripts so that I
need to run them on less data.  And frankly, the memory requirements of
ImageMagick were ridiculous already when putting 16MB in a computer set
me back about €400.  But before rewriting everything, I'd rather work on
LilyPond...