Re: More regtest differences

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: More regtest differences
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:04:33 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Janek Warchoł" <address@hidden> To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>; "Mike Solomon" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2013 5:38 PM

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 5:48 PM, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:
I've been comparing the result of my push of my pixel-based regtest
comparator (b4fe233aec83383bd2e6b6170fca67a31a8c492d) with current master
(6e4e69f2735a764eab2e6f70f83546461da0203b).  There are 2 changes that
concern me.  The first is that it seems that all system start braces have
been pushed a little bit further from the initial system clef.

Isn't this a rounding error introduced when converting postsript to
raster image?  I tried compiling this regtest with these two commits
and the resulting pdfs were the same.

best,
Janek

Don't reckon so. I've now taken PDFs from Lilypond built from master and from my earlier commit, and they're different - master has moved the system start bar, such that the barlines protrude over it. See attached images, created by rasterizing the PDFs at 1200 dpi and then downsizing them.

--
Phil Holmes