Re: problem with \with-dimensions

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: problem with \with-dimensions
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 23:08:05 +0100

On 15 March 2013 09:12, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> [git 1b5411df from today]
>

> This snippet
>
>   \relative c'' {
>     c1
>   \override Score.RehearsalMark.break-visibility = #end-of-line-visible
>   \override Score.RehearsalMark.extra-offset = #'(0 . -.25)
>     \mark \markup {
>       \with-dimensions #'(0 . 0) #'(0 . 0) {
>         \column {
>           \musicglyph #"scripts.ufermata"
>           \vspace #1
>           \musicglyph #"scripts.dfermata"
>         }
>       }
>     } \bar "|."
>   }
>
> no longer works as expected, see image.  At least with 2.17.0, I get
> the fermatas correctly positioned (using old syntax, of course).  Has
> something changed?  Is this a bug?

Hi Werner,

Is this snippet part of the documentation?
If you want to achieve the positioning of two opposite fermata signs
over a bar line (or more generally print two simultaneous RehearsalMark
possibly with different settings), I'd suggest to use Neil's
"multi-mark-engraver" instead.

I made a request to add this feature in LilyPond by default and this is
now one of the most starred issue of the tracker (many French users
would like this).

Otherwise, yes, I think this is a bug but I think Mike is already
taking care of it (IIUC last mails about skylines etc.), with the help
of David and Keith (IIRC).

Cheers,
Xavier

--