Re: Uses single algorithm for side-position spacing. (issue 6827072)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Uses single algorithm for side-position spacing. (issue 6827072)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 06:53:32 +0100

On 14 mars 2013, at 06:44, address@hidden wrote:

> On 14 mars 2013, at 06:42, address@hidden wrote:
>
>> issue 3242
>>

>> https://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/diff/38003/lily/axis-group-interface.cc
>> File lily/axis-group-interface.cc (right):
>>
>> https://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/diff/38003/lily/axis-group-interface.cc#newcode902
>> lily/axis-group-interface.cc:902: Skyline_pair skylines
>> (inside_staff_skylines);
>> \relative c'' {
>> r2^\f r4 f8^[ r]
>> }
>>
>> https://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/diff/38003/lily/stencil-integral.cc
>> File lily/stencil-integral.cc (right):
>>
>> https://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/diff/38003/lily/stencil-integral.cc#newcode992
>> lily/stencil-integral.cc:992: xex.set_full ();
>> Oops.
>>
>> https://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/
>
> Yup, just caught this myself, we're on the same page.
> This set_full needs to happen for other grobs, but by giving invisible stems
> a point stencil instead of an empty stencil, things are fixed.  Running the
> regtests.
>
> Cheers,
> MS

Another solution is to introduce the idea of "blocking grob."  The comment I
put about SystemStartBracket and BassFigureAlignmentPositioning is because both
of them conceptually need to extend forever in both directions to never be
moved over/under/left/right of another grob.  This could perhaps be done via
two properties:

horizontal-skyline-minimum-height

and

vertical-skyline-minimum-height