Re: GUB error with unpure-pure-container.cc

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: GUB error with unpure-pure-container.cc
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 09:23:50 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 8:02 AM

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

I accidentally mucked up some of my GUB set up, so have been
essentially rebuilding from scratch.  In doing so, I get this error:

/home/gub/gub/target/darwin-ppc/src/lilypond-git.sv.gnu.org--lilypond.git-release-unstable/lily/unpure-pure-container.cc:140:
error:   initializing argument 2 of 'void
scm_set_smob_apply(scm_t_bits, scm_unused_struct* (*)(...), unsigned
int, unsigned int, unsigned int)'

and GUB fails.  I don't understand why it should fail on GUB and not
on a normal make, but there you go.  It looks like
4961143c8c79984852c575e2b2b3922e5f7540ce is the change causing the
problem. Can't build a new release until this is attended to, so help
is required, please.

I've pushed a potential fix directly to release/unstable.  Try pulling
it and working from there.  You'll probably want to move the release tag
if it does.  If it doesn't, I have a hard time thinking up something
with a better chance of working.

I'm running GUB now and it looks like it's past the place it choked on last night, so this seems to have fixed the problem.

As part of the release, I merge release/unstable back into master, so this commit will be in master without further work on your part.

--
Phil Holmes