Re: Allows slurs to break at barlines. (issue 7424049)

From: mike
Subject: Re: Allows slurs to break at barlines. (issue 7424049)
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 08:07:50 +0100

On 8 mars 2013, at 13:54, address@hidden wrote:

> https://codereview.appspot.com/7424049/diff/19022/ly/spanners-init.ly
> File ly/spanners-init.ly (right):
>
> https://codereview.appspot.com/7424049/diff/19022/ly/spanners-init.ly#newcode114
> ly/spanners-init.ly:114: breakSlur = #(make-music 'BreakSlurEvent)
> I am not happy with a new event type here.  Can't this become an
> additional property on the existing events?  That way, we could do make
> with a single command \broken used like
> c\broken(
> and similar.
>
> That's one new user interface rather than half a dozen and growing.

I like the idea of using BreakSlurEvent and BreakPhrasingSlurEvent because they
function like BreakDynamicSpanEvent.  Essentially, each event that creates a
spanner can have a Break*Event to break said spanner.

This also allows the event to not be a post event, which is important when you
want to start a score with a broken slur.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7424049/