Re: Merging translation and new \relative

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Merging translation and new \relative
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 18:03:17 +0100

Jean-Charles Malahieude <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi David,
>
> What would be more appropriate to have
> master->translation->staging ?
>
> Before applying tracker 3229, between 3229 and 3231, or after 3231?

No rush here.  For one thing, 3231 will happen before 3229.  Since 3231
changes about one or two dozen occurences of \relative { ... } but not
much else, the order of merging is not all that important.

\relative { ... } will stop working completely, but the same commit
changes all occurences of it, including the occurences in translations
(since the conversion is automatic).  So the timing of merges is not
critical, but it makes sense to do a pingpong merge soon after issue
3231 passes.

The gigantomanic convert-ly run of issue 3229 will not happen in the
next few weeks (or I should be quite surprised).  When we do it, it
makes sense to synchronize master and translations immediately before,
and immediately afterwards.

Instead, there will be a small version of issue 3229 (likely a separate
issue) that implements the new \relative { ... } behavior and documents
it (the current issue 3229 does not even bother documenting as it is
more a threat of concept), but without the large conversion.  It makes
sense to let this trickle through into translations (at least those
which are maintained somewhat timely) before thinking about tackling the
big convert-ly job.

So in short: no rush to do anything just yet.