Re: Make \relative { ... } interpret the first pitch as an absolute one

From: dak
Subject: Re: Make \relative { ... } interpret the first pitch as an absolute one (issue 7546044)
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 17:31:08 +0000

On 2013/03/07 15:56:52, Trevor Daniels wrote:
Looking good.  Obviously the text which describes
\relative will need attention too,

Not just that.  So far all humanly written changes are constrained to
python/convertrules.ly and ly/music-functions-init.ly (the actual
change of the definition).  All the rest is done by convert-ly so far.

If my grep-foo is correct, there are still more than 1500 occurences
of \relative followed by a pitch.  Now this is spread across
translations, but it is still clear that we are not talking about a
complete job.  But then the \relative conventions used previously had
been far from consistent, too.

One can probably still improve the convert-ly rule and reduce quite a
bit more.

but this is now looking like a change worth making.

Well, let's say that it is now looking like something quite more than
a hoax.  I've put about a day of work into it now, and I think the
current state is at least serious enough for getting more opinions
from both developers and users.

Unfortunately, the patch is now large enough that git cl uploads it in
parts to Rietveld and Patchy does not get along with that.

And obviously, this needs to get a documentation testing as well as
the regtests.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7546044/