Lilypond command line syntax

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Lilypond command line syntax
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 16:18:35 -0000

I've got my shell-based Ubuntu regtest comparator working well, using comparison functions from imagemagick. What I want to do now is make it use more CPUs by using job-count. AFAIK, this works by processing multiple files in parallel, rather than using lots of CPUs for a single file. The simplest way to pass lots of filenames to lily is a ls > dir.txt and then -dread-file-list="dir.txt". However, if I do this, fails to find an include file, which is important to get rid of the tagline. If I try running it from a lower level directory and use the -o flag to put the output files in the correct output directory, it puts the first one in the right place and then either names the others DirName.png or simply doesn't output them. Here's a synopsis of what I want.

We're in dir Test.
Get a list of all lilypond files that are currently in Test/input
Use that list of files to run lilypond, with all output PNGs going to Test/Pix and including file Test/include.ly. The .png files should use the root filename of each .ly file processed.

Sounds easy, but I couldn't get it to work. If a determined command-line hacker could try to provide the right syntax, I would be very grateful.

--
Phil Holmes