Re: changes.tely: deal with \transposition and instrumentTransposition c

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: changes.tely: deal with \transposition and instrumentTransposition changes (issue 7404046)
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 23:58:38 -0800

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 00:47:21 -0800, <address@hidden> wrote:

On 2013/02/27 07:40:59, Keith wrote:

Oops.  It was \oldTransposition  but it was not put into LilyPond.

Since the sign of instrumentTransposition has been inverted, it would
require serious trickery or a separate music event type to implement
\oldTransposition with the previous semantics.

The \oldTransposition you suggested in <https://codereview.appspot.com/7303057>
has the required trickery, and I just re-checked that it works fine.

If I have time I'll point to it in changes.tely, just in case someone used the
old method for something too complicated to easily convert by hand.

Getting the previous
semantics for instrument definitions seems even worse.

Probably no-one has used \addInstrumentDefinition for transposition, but if
someone has, the instrumentTransposition assignments already use ly:make-pitch,
so inserting ly:pitch-negate is not too much work.