Re: new texinfo version

From: James
Subject: Re: new texinfo version
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 14:32:28 +0000

Hello,

On 20 November 2012 22:26, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 11:21:13PM +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>> given that lilypond is very demanding w.r.t. texinfo it might be a
>> good idea to test the prelease of the upcoming 4.14 version.
>
> Wow, they had a release?  cool!
>
>> The greatest drawback is, AFAIK, that texi2html is *much* slower, so
>> someone with a fast machine should try it...
>
> The time spent on makeinfo, as opposed to lilypond-book, is fairly
> minimal.  This would slow down plain old "make", though.
>
> But the biggest concern is that I'm willing to be that our
> texi2html.init file will not be compatible with texinfo 4.14.  It
> will likely take hours to adjust things for the new system -- and
> those adjustements are likely to cause it to fail to build on
> texinfo 4.13a versions.

I've downloaded, and run ./configure, make and make install and that
all went fine.

However the INSTALL file states

--snip--
* texinfo.tex and the other *.tex files are not installed by `make
  install'.  This is because there is no reliable way to know where to
  install them.  Instead, you have to run an additional make command
  after the normal make install:
    make TEXMF=/your/texmf install-tex
  texinfo.tex is installed in ${TEXMF}/tex/texinfo/texinfo.tex, etc.
--snip--

I am using LilyDev but is my 'texmf' the 'tex' dir in the top level of
the LilyPond source code dir?

James