Re: Doc: Clarify footnotes as articulations (2971) (issue 6845078)

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: Doc: Clarify footnotes as articulations (2971) (issue 6845078)
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 12:42:04 +0000

On 2012/11/22 11:39:30, thomasmorley65 wrote:

So I'd always vote for deeper explanations in an additional paragraph.
Might be

I have some sympathy with this view, but the primary purpose
of the Notation Reference is to tell users /how to engrave/
their music in as simple and straightforward way as possible,
not how LilyPond works.  The NR is already 816 pages long,
which hardly is commensurate with "simple".

The Extending Manual is the place for explanations useful to
developers.  Granted this is rather embryonic at present, due
mainly to a dearth of knowledgeable people willing to contribute
to it.  It would benefit greatly from further input ;)

Trevor

http://codereview.appspot.com/6845078/