Re: Doc: new syntax for \tweak, \override (2936) (issue 6852052)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Doc: new syntax for \tweak, \override (2936) (issue 6852052)
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 23:57:36 +0000

On 2012/11/20 21:39:54, Trevor Daniels wrote:
On 2012/11/20 19:08:46, dak wrote:

> but I'd suggest reversing the narrative
> of the first paragraphs, like

I still think this amount of detail is not quite in
keeping with the tenor of the Learning Manual.

I am bad at keeping with the tenor of the Learning Manual (my
experience in choirs has been that the tenor section in particular was
prone to dragging).

At
this stage of learning there is a danger new users
will get discouraged at this point.  However, your
text is indisputably more accurate, and for those who
just might understand it, more informative.

Being accurate is something I am more skilled at than being useful,
and it is not easy to argue against that.

As I'd like to just get this pushed now I'll add
your suggested text and post a new patch set.

If you feel you can boil this down into something that is better
suited for putting the reader on the right track without exhausting
him, feel free to improve this, if necessary skimming over information
that is likely to cause more harm than good at this stage.  I am bad
at prioritising information.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6852052/