Re: Applies scheme indentation according to the GNU guidelines (issue 68

From: dak
Subject: Re: Applies scheme indentation according to the GNU guidelines (issue 6814080)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 08:40:09 +0000

Marc Hohl <address@hidden> writes:

Am 10.11.2012 14:59, schrieb address@hidden:
I've looked a bit at one random file.  Looks mostly good to me.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6814080/diff/1/scm/define-music-display-methods.scm

File scm/define-music-display-methods.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6814080/diff/1/scm/define-music-display-methods.scm#newcode111

scm/define-music-display-methods.scm:111: remember)
Isn't this indent too big?
No, it aligns to the first argument of

(define*-public (duration->lily-string ...)

and this follows the 'do what emacs does' guideline ;-)

If Emacs does something different for define*-public and define by
oversight or omission, then the "do what Emacs does" guideline should
not be interpreted literally.

So as long as Emacs does not produce consistent results, either the
input needs to get manually arranged in a manner that makes Emacs
produce reasonable results, or we need to make Emacs produce the right
results in our scripts (and/or the interactive Emacs settings) by making
all define-like commands known to Emacs' indentation engine.  While this
is not the case, a blanket reformatting of our entire source code
according to defective rules should not be done.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6814080/