Re: contemporary accidental style

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: Re: contemporary accidental style
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 16:18:16 +0200

Am Montag, den 21. Mai 2012 um 15:58:14 Uhr (+0200) schrieb Jan Nieuwenhuizen:

> Question is: is neo-modern used and appreciated as it works right now
> and do we indeed need a "contemporary" style, or should neo-modern
> behave like Orm describes?

I would opt for that. The only situation, I know of, where accidentals
aren't repeated on direct repetition, are in situations with lots of
fast repetitions, like in saltando actions for strings, but in those
situations often the noteheads except for the first one are omitted as
well to save space. And I've also seen the repetition of accidentals
in those cases just to make it perfectly clear.

The example for neo-modern in the documentation actually is an
excellent example for a situation where the musician has to ask about
the second fis because it's not obvious if the accidental has been
accidentally forgotten and whether it's an f or a fis.

--
Orm