Re: Make \footnote work via \tweak (issue 6195098)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Make \footnote work via \tweak (issue 6195098)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 23:08:16 +0000

On 2012/05/17 22:28:19, J_lowe wrote:
Carl,

Go for it.

Just bear in mind that when someone like (Father Gilbert for instance)
is
confronted with:

"Like with @code{\tweak}, if your @code{\footnote} is applied to a
post-event or
articulation, it will itself have to be preceded with @code{-} to make
the
parser attach the result to the preceding note or rest."

and similar that he won't have clue what the hell any of that means at
that
point it stops being documentation except to a select few.

It's rubbish.  I may not have been good documenting it, but part of the
reason is that the requirement does not make sense.  I'll try to see
whether I manage to squeeze it out from the parser while Carl rewrites
the docs.

Bullet points are for powerpoint presentation, indexes and summaries
not
explaining an obviously diverse and potentially complex syntax,
especially what
all one generally wants to do is be shown an example.

The combinations of the various argument types require six examples to
show all in all.  It would appear that your objections are more focused
about the HTML layout of @table @var (something I admit to not even
having looked at since I work with the generated info files) rather than
about giving an argument by argument breakdown.

Texinfo has only a limited number of formatting constructs.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6195098/