Re: Make \footnote work via \tweak (issue 6195098)

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: Make \footnote work via \tweak (issue 6195098)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 22:24:16 +0000

I've reviewed only the English input.itely file.  This seems so much
clearer now.  I like having the full syntax presented first.  My
comments are suggestions to marginally improve the clarity further.

Trevor

http://codereview.appspot.com/6195098/diff/2045/Documentation/notation/input.itely
File Documentation/notation/input.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6195098/diff/2045/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode1039
Documentation/notation/input.itely:1039: changes), footnotes can also be
specified as a standalone music event
specified as stand-alone music events

http://codereview.appspot.com/6195098/diff/2045/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode1062
Documentation/notation/input.itely:1062: the respective grob will be
used as a reference point even in case that
"a reference point even when its @q{cause} .."

http://codereview.appspot.com/6195098/diff/2045/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode1065
Documentation/notation/input.itely:1065: and then only a directly
created grob will be annotated.
"in which case only a ..."

http://codereview.appspot.com/6195098/diff/2045/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode1070
Documentation/notation/input.itely:1070: This is the item, a music event
or chord constituent or post-event, that
The term 'post-event' is probably unfamiliar to most users.  I think
this should be briefly described, perhaps by adding at the end of this
sentence, "where a post-event is an expressive mark, articulation,
dynamic, etc".

http://codereview.appspot.com/6195098/diff/2045/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode1073
Documentation/notation/input.itely:1073: to a music expression in
particular, but rather to a moment of time.  It
"attached to any particular music expression, but ..."

http://codereview.appspot.com/6195098/diff/2045/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode1078
Documentation/notation/input.itely:1078: Like with @code{\tweak}, if
your @code{\footnote} is applied to a
"As with ..., if the @code{\footnote} is to be applied .."

http://codereview.appspot.com/6195098/diff/2045/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode1080
Documentation/notation/input.itely:1080: @code{-} to make the parser
attach the result to the preceding note or
No need to mention the parser.  I think it's clear enough if the
sentence stops after "@code{-}".

http://codereview.appspot.com/6195098/diff/2045/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode1090
Documentation/notation/input.itely:1090: footnote to.
"to which the footnpote is to be attached."

http://codereview.appspot.com/6195098/diff/2045/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode1168
Documentation/notation/input.itely:1168: generated footnote marks, they
will not appear before the @var{footnote}
It's not immediately clear what "they" means.  Better use "reference
marks".

http://codereview.appspot.com/6195098/diff/2045/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode1170
Documentation/notation/input.itely:1170: left to the user.  LilyPond
will only make sure that the corresponding
"to the user, perhaps by including the reference mark at the start of
the @var{footnote}.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6195098/