Re: tuplet number placement and ornament

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: tuplet number placement and ornament
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 17:31:26 +1000

On 01/05/12 17:06, James wrote:
Hello,

On 1 May 2012 06:12, Nick Payne<address@hidden>  wrote:
On 01/05/12 14:32, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
In the following, even though I've turned off the tuplet bracket
stencil, the tuplet number is still placed as though the stencil
was there:
[...] I want the number there, but not have it displaced upwards as
if the bracket was still there and avoiding the mordent.  I found
subsequent to my previous message that I can achieve this by using
\override TupletBracket #'avoid-scripts = ##f.
This should be documented (in case it isn't yet).

Other than the avoid-scripts property appearing in the Internals ref,
"TupletBracket #'avoid-scripts" doesn't appear to be documented.
So what you're saying is apart from the 'avoid-scripts' property being
documented [in the IR] it isn't documented?

Is that what you meant, otherwise you'll need to elaborate.

Yes, that's what I mean. Searching the documentation for "TupletBracket #'avoid-scripts" doesn't find anything.

There is a
bug for tuplet number placement -
https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2397. It's marked as
fixed, but it seems to me that there is still a bug there if collision
avoidance for a TupletBracket is still being performed when the
TupletBracket stencil has been turned off.

Can't comment on that, Mike Solomon made the patch for this, maybe he can.