Re: New Patchy thread

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: New Patchy thread
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 12:03:17 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 11:55 AM

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

OK - I've now successfully run test-patches.  It downloads and tests
the patch associated with issue 2263 (and tests clean).  However,
there only appears to be a single patch in staging, and that's Carl's
fix for 2256. Any idea why it's testing 2263 instead?

Also, FWIW, I've taken the email command out of config, and I now get
no notification of what has resulted, except what's shown on the
terminal.  No "Message for you in...".

test-patches was not supposed to be on-topic yet...  As opposed to the
staging patchy which does all of its branch management itself and
independent of the LILYPOND_GIT directory, the testing patchy _strictly_
work on whatever happens to be git's idea of the currently checked out
material in LILYPOND_GIT.

So you need to make sure that you have reset test-patches to the current
master.

Wait.  That answer does not fit the problem.  I leave it in for
reference, but the answer to your original question: test-patchy tests
the last Rietveld review it can find on any issue being marked with
"Patch-new" state.  2263 presumably is marked as such, 2256 apparently
is something else, likely countdown or push.

OK - so I really need to ensure that I can run lilypond-patchy-staging.py? I'll have a go at that next, just once I've got a piece of actual music finished...

--
Phil Holmes